The Suan Sunandha Science and Technology Journal (SSSTJ) is a double-blind peer reviewed scientific journal published twice a year (January and July) by the Faculty of Science and Technology, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University. Submissions of manuscripts should be sent to the Editor of the SSSTJ by online system: http://www.ssstj.sci.ssru.ac.th. The manuscript will be taken that all contributing authors attest that manuscripts and material submitted to the SSSTJ are original and have not been published or submitted elsewhere and the authors concede to the open-access distribution of the manuscript, including all content contained therein.
Aim and Scope
Suan Sunandha Science and Technology Journal (SSSTJ) is an international academic journal that gains foothold at Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand and opens to scientific communications in Southeast Asia, Asia and worldwide. It aims to contribute significant articles in science and technology researches. Published papers are focus on state of the art science and technology. Committee of the journal and association will review submitted papers. The authors may include researchers, managers, operators, students, teachers and developers.
Following areas are considered for publication:
Editor in ChiefA. Thapinta, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
Editorial Board:B. Prapagdee, Mahidol University, Thailand
B. Yingyongnarongkul, Ramkhamhaeng University, Thailand
C. Leenawong, King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Thailand
H. Kim, Kyungpook National University, Korea
I. Mitra Djamal, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
N. Sriubolmas, Eastern Asia University, Thailand
N. Hieu Trung, Can Tho University, Vietnam
P. Sophatsathit, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
S. C. Pandey, Journal of Environmental Research and Development (JERAD), India
S. Roytrakul, National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Thailand
V. Kanokantapong, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand (ไม่มีประวัติใน Editorial Board)
W. Choochaiwattana, Dhurakij Pundit University, Thailand
W. Panichkitkosolkul, Thammasat University, Thailand
Editorial Managers:A. Khantavchai, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
C. Pudprommarat, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
H. T. Dong, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thailand
K. Poonsilp, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
K. Thongkao, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
N. Chamchoi, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
R. Apiratikul, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
R. Thaipratum, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
P. Pathanibul, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
S. Nuanmeesri, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
S. Sansiribhan, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
T. Chuacharoen, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
T. Utarasakul, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
W. Panphut, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
SSSTJ Authors Guide
Types of paper:Full length articles are typically 4 - 10 manuscript pages (including tables, figures, equations and formulas). The articles may cover a variety of topics which are related to science or technology. Articles must use previously published works to support the discussion of a particular subject or topic.
Plagiarism:Submission of an manuscript implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the copyright-holder.
Articles and any other material published in the SSSTJ the opinions of the author(s) and should not be construed to reflect the opinions of the editor(s) or the publisher. Manuscripts that do not meet the general criteria or standards for publication in the SSSTJ will be immediately returned to the authors, without detailed review. At their discretion, editors may request from the corresponding author a statement describing specific original contributions made by each co-author.
Manuscript submission:For submission of all manuscripts, follow the instructions of the online submission system. Hard copy submissions cannot be accepted. Before submission, prepare and keep ready all information on the manuscript (title, full name and affiliation of all authors, corresponding author email, abstract, name of all files to be submitted).The author submitting the manuscript will be corresponding author. Manuscripts are accepted only in American English. All submitted articles should report original, previously unpublished research results, experimental or theoretical, and will be peer-reviewed.
Role of the funding agency:You are requested to identify who provided financial support for conducting the research and/or preparation of the article and to briefly describe the role of the sponsor(s), if any, in study design; in the collection, analysis and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; and in the decision to submit the article for publication. If the funding source(s) had no such involvement then this should be stated.
Journal access:Open access:
- Articles are freely available to both subscribers and the wider public
- Articles are made available to subscribers at http://www.ssstj.sci.ssru.ac.th
All articles published by The Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University Journal of Science and Technology
are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Copyright of the papers published in SSSTJ belongs to the Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand.
In order to avoid ethical violations, all articles published by SSSTJ are committed to only publishing original material that was not published before, except in the form of an abstract, an electronic preprint, a discussion paper or similar formats, and that is not considered for publication elsewhere. Manuscripts based on conference proceedings should include a significant novelty compared to the conference paper and the proceedings publication should not make out more than 50% of the manuscript content. Authors have to agree on that in a consent form.
Peer review:All published journal papers are refereed by the international competent researchers and scientists. Therefore, a full double - blind international refereeing process is used in which 1) Papers are sent to reviewers for their peer review process. 2) The reviewers' recommendations determine whether a paper will be accepted / accepted subject to change / subject to resubmission with significant changes / rejected. For papers which require changes, the same reviewers will be used to ensure that the quality of the revised paper is acceptable. All papers are refereed, and the Editor-in-Chief reserves the right to refuse any typescript, whether on invitation or otherwise, and to make suggestions and/or modifications before publication.
Additional information:Manuscripts must be submitted by the senior author, who must accept responsibility on behalf of all authors for all ethical requirements. The author submitting the manuscript will be listed as the corresponding author in the published version of each accepted manuscript. There are no submission fees or page charges.
Revised manuscripts should be returned including revision notes. The revision notes should address the issues raised in the referee report and clearly state per page (indicate paragraph and line) which changes have been made. Additional materials may be requested at the discretion of the editor. Authors requested to revise their submission to SSSTJ will be given 4 weeks in which to submit the revised submission. Revised submissions received after 4 weeks from the time at which the revision was requested will be considered as new submissions.
References:There are no strict requirements on reference formatting at submission. But the authors are expected to follow the American Psychological Association (APA 6th edition) style. Where applicable, author(s) name(s), journal title/book title, chapter title/article title, year of publication, volume number/book chapter and the pagination must be present. Use of DOI is highly encouraged.
Article structure:Subdivision - numbered sections
Divide your article into clearly defined and numbered sections. Subsections should be numbered 1.1, 1.2, etc. (the abstract is not included in section numbering). Use this numbering also for internal cross-referencing: do not just refer to 'the text'. Any subsection may be given a brief heading. Each heading should appear on its own separate line.
Article formatting:Full-length articles published in the SSSTJ should include a title, the author’s name, the author’s address, corresponding author email, Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Acknowledgements, References.
- Font: Times New Roman (headings 11pt and normal text 10pt)
- Title: Concise and informative. This should briefly summarize the scope of the article. Avoid abbreviations and formulas where possible. The title should be centered at the top of the page. e.g., Notes on the Biology of Varanus semiremix
Authors name and affiliation: The full names referenced by numerical superscripts with affiliation and addresses of all authors, and the full address of the corresponding author. The name of the corresponding author along with phone, fax and E-mail information. e.g.
Author’s NameAuthor’s affiliationAuthor’s addressCorresponding author email
- Corresponding author: Clearly indicate who will handle correspondence at all stages of refereeing and publication, also post-publication. Ensure that the e-mail address is given and that contact details are kept up to date by the corresponding author.
- Abstract: The abstract should contain brief information on purpose, methods, results and conclusion (without subheadings). It indicates significant data, and point out major findings and conclusions. Provide 200 – 250 words in length.
- Keywords: 3 – 6 keywords should be listed.
- Introduction: The introduction should provide sufficient background knowledge and information to allow the reader to understand and evaluate the value of the study. It must also supply a rationale for the study. Cite references to provide the most salient background rather than an exhaustive review of the topic.
- Materials and Methods: Specific details about materials, instrumentation and experimental protocols should be given here. This section should contain sufficient details so that others are able to reproduce the experiment(s). The source of special equipment or chemicals should also be given with the name and location of manufacturers, e.g. (Merck, Germany) or (Sigma, USA). Techniques previously published or standardized can be simplified by literature citations. The statistical procedures used should be explained. Primary headings for this section are in bold, indented, with numbering. The text is run from a new line under the heading with an indentation.
- Results and Discussions: The results should be presented with clarity and precision. The discussions should provide an interpretation of the data and relate them to existing knowledge. Emphasis should be given to important new findings and new hypotheses should be described clearly. This section may be subdivided and headed as in the Materials and Methods section. At the end of this section, the authors should state the conclusion in a few sentences.
- Conclusion: The main conclusions of the study may be presented in a short Conclusions section, which may stand alone or form a subsection of a Results and Discussions section.
- Acknowledgment: The acknowledgments should be stated in separate section at the end of the article before the references.
- References: Please make sure that every reference cited in the text is also present in the reference list and vice versa.
- Appendices (optional): If there is more than one appendix, they should be identified as A, B, etc. Formulae and equations in appendices should be given separate numbering: Eq. (A.1), Eq. (A.2), etc.; in a subsequent appendix, Eq. (B.1) and so on. Similarly for tables and figures: Table A.1; Figure. A.1, etc.
Table and Figures:
Table: Please submit tables as editable text and not as image. Tables must be embedded in to text. Headings should be in bold letters, and aligned in the text left. Vertical lines are not used. A table should not exceed one page when printed. Use lower case letters in superscripts a, b, c ... for special remarks.
Figure legends: It should be typed in numerical order. Begin each legend with a title and include sufficient description so that the figure is understandable without reading the text of the manuscript.
Figures: Each figure must be embedded in to text. It should be prepared using applications capable of generating high resolution TIFF, JPEG, PNG.
- Color or grayscale photographs: minimum of 300 dpi
- Bitmapped line drawings: minimum of 1000 dpi
- Combination bitmapped line (color or grayscale photographs: minimum of 500 dpi)
- Headings should be in bold letters, and aligned in the text Centre
Checklist before submission:The following list will be useful during the final checking of an article prior to sending it to the journal for review.
Ensure that the following contents are present:
One author has been designated as the corresponding author with contact details:
- E-mail address
- Full postal address
- Corresponding author email
- All figure captions
- All tables (including title, description)
- Manuscript has been 'spell-checked' (Spellchecker tool of MS word) and 'grammar-checked'
- All references mentioned in the reference list are cited in the text, and vice versa
Additional Information:For additional information regarding format, content, submissions, or authoring guidelines, please contact the editor (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Proofs:Proofs will be sent to the author and should be promptly returned to the editor. A total of 500 copies of each issue of the journal will be printed. Authors will receive pdf files of their article.
Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to get the reprints of journal.
The Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University
Journal of Science and Technology (SSSTJ)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University
1, Uthong Nok Rd., Dusit, Dusit
Bangkok 10300 Thailand
Tel: +66 (2) 160 1143-45
Fax: +66 (2) 160 1146